Friday, September 24, 2010

Mudding, Measuring and Frustration

Creative. Ambitious. Productive. Words which have made an impression on men and women in the past, present and future. Great leaders have taken these words to new heights and changed lives. Over the summer months I planned on expanding my creativeness and productivity. Judging from past events, I should have seen the procrastination coming. 

Justin and I purchased two dressers last winter with hopes of refurbishing them. After the summer passes and only three warm weekends left, I finally decided to get our butts in gear. We hauled the dressers out and went to work.

Transforming a 1960's dresser set into a modern contemporary boudoir took some work. Justin and I ended up mudding 3 times, painted 5 coats, created new holes for the handles (always measure twice before drilling) and had a few minor fixes to the interior. I will be the first to admit I have a low frustration level and it was surely tested. Luckily Justin was there to help smooth things over.  Together we got through the frustration and gave birth to two awesome looking dressers. It was worth the work. I love you more more every day babe :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment