Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ethan's Story

Everyone has a story. Ethan's story is more then special. He was born deaf, blind and has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Ethan is not able to feed himself or support his own weight. He discovers the world through his hands and tongue. Yet he has the most enchanting smile, loves to play peek-a-boo and has a family who loves him. 

When Ethan's sister, Vicki, asked me to photograph him as a gift to their mother I was thrilled. To be honest, Ethan's shoot became the most challenging one I have come across. Not able to make funny noises or faces to have him look my direction, I had to find unique ways to interact and pose Ethan. Although highly challenging, it came out to be the most rewarding shoot. I was able to see his silly personality enhance in the photographs and his love for life escape into my heart. 

He and his family have gone through more then I could understand through his 7 years. Lisa you have a wonderful young boy and I was honored to capture this moment in time for you. I hope the pictures are everything you hoped for. 






4 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful and exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much!!! You captured his spirit well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great Steph! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the comments :) it is always nice to know how you feel about them!!!

    ReplyDelete